Opening today, Tim Hortons newest restaurant marks the first of 1500 that will be rolled out across the country over the next 10 years
TORONTO, Feb. 26, 2019 /CNW/ – Today, Tim Hortons opened its first restaurant in China. The new restaurant, located in the People’s Square in central Shanghai, is the first Tim Hortons in China since the company signed an exclusive master franchise joint agreement with the Cartesian Capital Group (“Cartesian”) last year.
“We’re excited to bring the iconic Tim Hortons brand and a piece of Canada around the globe”, says Alex Macedo, President, Tim Hortons. “China is an attractive growth market and we can’t wait for guests to try our classic favourites and some new offerings crafted specifically to the Chinese market.”
The Shanghai restaurant celebrates the further expansion of Tim Hortons around the world. Tim Hortons now has over 4,800 locations in Canada and around the globe including the United States, Mexico, Europe, the Philippines, the Middle East and now China.
While Tim Hortons will be offering many of its classic food and beverage products in China, including the iconic Double DoubleTM coffee, the company will also be launching an assortment of new food and beverages unique to the market. Some of the exciting menu items include:
- Two new cool and creamy Iced CappTM flavors include Maple and Hazelnut
- Exclusive to the Chinese market, tea offerings include Steeped Black Lemon Peach Oolong and Blueberry Roselle
- New hot espresso beverages include Matcha and Hazelnut lattes and a Maple Macchiato
- A Canadian favourite – the TimbitTM – comes in new flavours including a Salted Egg Yolk timbit
- The Shanghai restaurant also has lunchtime offerings with Basil Chicken, Coldwater Shrimp and Montreal Style Beef sandwiches, which are served on lightly toasted ciabatta buns and delicious Black Pepper Beef and Chicken Caesar Laffa wraps
- For lighter fare, Chicken and Roasted Pumpkin and Beef and Roasted Zucchini salads are available
Every detail in the new restaurant is meant to elevate the experience of visiting Canada’s favourite coffee shop. The design of the floor tiles is inspired by the image of maple leaves scattered on the ground in autumn. The restaurant features a lot of red and plaids, art work featuring the maple leaf and there is even a hockey stick door handle to pay tribute to its hockey heritage and well known love of the game.
About TIM HORTONS®
Tim Hortons®, part of Restaurant Brands International, is one of North America’s largest restaurant chains operating in the quick service segment. Founded as a single location in Canada in 1964, Tim Hortons appeals to a broad range of guest tastes, with a menu that includes premium coffee, hot and cold specialty drinks (including lattes, cappuccinos and espresso shots), specialty teas and fruit smoothies, fresh baked goods, grilled Panini and classic sandwiches, wraps, soups, prepared foods and other food products. Tim Hortons has more than 4,800 system wide restaurants located in Canada, the United States and around the world. More information about the company is available at www.timhortons.com.
SOURCE Tim Hortons
For further information: or to arrange an interview, please contact: Meghan Giffin, North Strategic: Meghan.Giffin@NorthStrategic.com